Thursday, April 8, 2010

Spotlight on...Peg Hewitt

I’m Peg Hewitt, I live in rural NSW with my fabulous husband and 4 kids. I have had an interest in photography since receiving my first SLR at age 14 and I did it for my art major work in the HSC. Back then I had big plans but life, and a boy, got in the way. I have always been a cutter and paster too, so when I discovered modern day scrapbooking back in 2001 it was like meeting up with a dear old friend who had had a fabulous makeover.

I have had numerous pages published in all the Aussie mags, won lots of challenge blog prizes, was a runner-up in the Scrapbook Creations colour competition one year, was commissioned to write a digi-scrap article for Scrapbooking Memories and am currently serving on 2 design teams, Shop & Crop scrapbooking store at Lambton NSW and Alison Ellis Designs, manufacturer, based in Melbourne.

Digital scrapbooking was a passion for a few years when my kids were babies but I really missed the tactile and messy aspects of paper-crafting. I am keen to try lots of techniques and I often vary my style from page to page, scrapbooking for me is about personal creative time, the memory-keeping is a special added bonus. You can see examples of my work on my blog http://pegsplaytime.blogspot.com/

I feel privileged to be promoting and demonstrating Alison Ellis Designs’ gorgeous range of products at SIA again this year. Their papers are so pretty, with matching stamps, embossing powders, glitter-flock, glitter (which I think is the finest and most sparkly on the market), and Hot-Set powder (a particularly handy product), the range is great not only for scrapbooking but also card-making and mixed media pursuits. Come and get hands-on with a make and take or a class with me at the AED booth at SIA, it’s going to be so much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment